Skip to main content


Welcome to AUSD!


We at Azusa Unified are honored to serve your family.

Enrollment is an easy process and you should find the information that you need on this page.

Verification of residence and immunizations will be required before you complete the enrollment process. 

Based on the address of your residence in Azusa, you will be assigned a neighborhood school.  However, the district has an open enrollment policy that allows students to apply to attend a school other than their assigned school from January 1 to May 1.  Once approved, the request does not require annual renewal. Note that each school is required to serve the students who live within its attendance boundary before accepting students outside the boundary. Additionally, some schools may be unavailable for open enrollment. 

You will need the following documents to enroll in school:

  • Proof of Residency
  • Proof of age (please provide one of the following):
    • Certified copy of birth record
    • Statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth
    • Baptismal certificate
    • Passport
    • Affidavit of the parent, guardian, or custodian
    • When none of the foregoing is obtainable, the parent/guardian may provide any other appropriate means of proving the age of the child.

Your child will need to show proof of the following immunizations:

  • Diphtheria, Pertussis, and Tetanus (DPT)
  • Polio
  • Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)
  • Hepatitis B 
  • Varicella (chickenpox) 
  • In addition, students entering seventh grade will need proof of the TDAP.

The following information may also be required:

  • An academic transcript or report card from your previous school. Prior school records will be requested by the school in which your child enrolls.
  • For Special Education students: current or most recent IEP and assessments.
  • For EL (English Learners) students: a copy of current CELDT scores.

Preschool, Transitional Kinder, and Kindergarten

To choose the right program for your child, please review the age requirements:

Preschool:  Must turn 3 by September 1

Extended Transitional Kindergarten:  Must turn 5 between December 3 and September 1

Transitional Kindergarten:  Must turn 5 between September 2 and December 2

Kindergarten:  Must turn 5 by September 1

Registration for all preschools are taken at Longfellow Pre-K/Kindergarten School.

Registration for ETK/K can be done at your local school. 

If registering for California State Preschool during the summer please contact Theresa Ramirez at Longfellow (626) 815-4724.