Welcome to AUSD
Azusa Unified looks forward to serving your family. Enrollment is an easy process and you should find the information that you need on this page.
Verification of residence and immunizations will be required before you complete the enrollment process.
Based on the address of your residence in Azusa, you will be assigned a neighborhood school. However, the district has an open enrollment policy that allows students to apply to attend a school other than their assigned school from January 1 to May 1. Once approved, the request does not require annual renewal. Note that each school is required to serve the students who live within its attendance boundary before accepting students outside the boundary. Additionally, some schools may be unavailable for open enrollment.
You will need the following documents to enroll in school:
- Proof of Residency
- Child's Birth Certificate
Your child will need to show proof of the following immunizations:
- Diphtheria, Pertussis, and Tetanus (DPT)
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)
- Hepatitis B
- Varicella (chickenpox)
- In addition, students entering seventh grade will need proof of the TDAP.
The following information may also be required:
- An academic transcript or report card from your previous school. Prior school records will be requested by the school in which your child enrolls.
- For Special Education students: current or most recent IEP and assessments.
- For EL (English Learners) students: a copy of current CELDT scores.
Enrollment for Preschool, TK and Kindergarten
Azusa Unified is now enrolling for preschool, transitional kindergarten and kindergarten at all of our elementary schools! To choose the right educational program for your child, please consider the following requirements:
For more information in English, click HERE
For more information in Spanish, click HERE