• MOT continues to work on the upgrade of the Dalton Computer Lab. MOT is working in conjunction with the MIS department on this project. Plans are being made for the installation of approximately 50 student computers and a classroom smart board. The Lab will be state of the art when completed.
• MOT is hard at work on preparing the exterior surface of the office wall at AHS in anticipation of the addition of a new Aztec mural!
• After the recent fires in the local mountains, MOT has worked hard to replace all the filters in the air conditioner units throughout the District. This is a very large task considering the number of locations and air conditioner units there are throughout the district. Thanks MOT for helping us to breathe cleaner air!
• Some nice upgrades are underway to the tennis courts and PE areas at AHS. New seating benches are being installed and some new palm trees will be planted.
• The District Office has recently had some sprinkler upgrades and some winter grass seed applied. Some nice azalea plants have also been planted. Thanks to the groundskeepers, the lawn looks great.
• One of the restrooms at Magnolia recently received some new flooring. The replacement of the floor is a great improvement for the students.
• The fire alarm panels at a couple of schools have received upgrades to ensure the system is operational.
• Gladstone St. had some new plants added near the office and multi-purpose for the Classified Employee of the Year Board meeting. The plants look great!
Energy Saving Tips
Here are energy saving tips as well as information and links related to energy usage. We are striving to conserve energy as well as avoid costs in order to make a positive impact on the budget.
You can't possibly heat or cool the outdoors, so keep exterior doors closed as much as possible.
When buying or replacing computers, copiers, and other office equipment, compare the energy requirements of various models and buy energy-efficient equipment.
Don't underestimate the energy savings you can get by turning off and unplugging unused computers, monitors, printers, copiers, and other machines and equipment when not in use. This simple approach can achieve big savings.
Get into the habit of turning off lights when you leave a room.
Use natural day lighting when possible and reduce or eliminate artificial lighting. Day lighting has been proven to have many benefits.